Sunday, September 19, 2010

Anti Cimex - Scandinavian Jawbreaker (1993)


Genre: Crust / D-Beat

I've heard the name Anti Cimex passed around the internet here and there but I never bothered to check them out. Then, while poking around last.fm, I discovered that Tomas Jonsson (ex-Wolfpack) was the frontman of Anti Cimex. I immediately checked them out and I am beyond impressed. For those of you that listen to Wolfpack, you know damn well that Jonsson is one of the best crust vocalists of all time. This album has a very old school metal feel to it. Think complete Motorhead worship, with d-beat drumming and Jonsson's ear drum stomping vocals. The production is great, the drums in particular are very clear and the snare sounds amazing. I can't encourage you enough to check out this album. Very refreshing for those new to the band. For fans of Wolfpack, Inepsy, Motorhead, and Wolfbrigade.


2 comments: